I have been using this light for night time commuting on a poorly-lit stretch of road. The light illuminates the very dark roadway with its 400 lumens and I can run it in low power mode when I'm in more brightly lit areas. However, the rubber band that's used for mounting this headlight to a handlebar is garbage. If you stretch it tight enough to keep the headlight from moving around while riding, the band pops off the sides. I would have given this light 5 stars if not for this inadequate mounting point.
CatEye Volt 400 XC HL-EL070RC XC
A bright and dependable 400 lumen headlight at a great price.
As the days shorten in length, a solid yet sleek light is important for commuting home or finishing off a long training ride. The Volt400XC provides 4 lighting modes (high, low, hyper-constant, and flashing) that range from 400 to 100 lumens to ensure you have the right illumination option to get you home safely. With its easily attached rubber bar mount, USB-rechargeable Li-ion battery, and high-intensity white LED the Volt400XC is the perfect bar-mounted headlight for riding in the dark.
Includes micro USB charging cable
- 400 Lumens
- High-intesity white LED
- Easy to attach and remove rubber bar mount
- Battery:Li-ion USB Rechargeable
- Low battery indicator
- Mode memory function
- Double-click changes light to high-mode from current pattern
- High: Approx 2.5 Hour (400 Lumens)
- Low: Approx 13.5 Hours (100 Lumens)
- Hyper-Constant: Approx 12 Hours (400/50 Lumens)
- Flashing: Approx 110 Hours (100 Lumens)
- Charging time: 6 hours via micro USB 2.0